If you're looking to integrate Schema App with your Shopify site, there are 3 different options available.
For more information about Schema App's Plugins, including pricing, see our Schema App Plugins.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Shopify Core Plugin
Schema App's Shopify Core Plugin works with any theme. Just install the plugin and it will automatically optimize Products, Categories, Reviews, Ratings, Blogs and Articles. This plugin provides default markup only. To add custom markup, see the Shopify Advanced Plugin below.
The Shopify Core Plugin automatically generates markup for the following types:
Product category pages
Individual blog postings or articles
Aggregate ratings for products*
Videos hosted by Dailymotion, YouTube, and Vimeo
For more information, see our installation guide on the Schema App for Shopify landing page.
Shopify Advanced Plugin
The Shopify Advanced Plugin provides all the same features as the Core Plugin, plus access to Schema App's Editor so you can author customized markup on your non-product, Article or Blog pages.
NOTE: There are two methods of upgrading to the Shopify Advanced Plugin:
1. Upgrade existing Schema App Core plugin to Advanced
This is best for: Integrating Schema App with a single website
Installation Guide: How To: Upgrade (or downgrade) my Schema App plan in Shopify.
2. Create an account in Schema App, then connect to Shopify
This is best for: Integrating Schema App with multiple websites
Installation Guide: How To: Connect the Shopify App with a Schema App Account.
Shopify Advanced Plugin + Schema App Highlighter
Schema App's Shopify Advanced Plugin allows you to customize markup at scale using Schema App's Highlighter templates. This tool is available to Enterprise users.
Once the Shopify Advanced Plugin has been integrated, contact your CSM to enable Highlighter access.
Technical Notes - Shopify General
We redeploy default Blog, Page, Article, and Collections markup for all stores every day. Modifications to your website's content should be reflected in the markup within 24 hours.
Product resources are updated via webhooks. When a product is updated, we receive the webhook and queue a job to update the Product resource. Because this is in a queue with other Shopify resources on our end, it is not always immediate; depending on traffic at any given time it may take some time (minutes, hours) to be processed.
Automated markup is processed according to Shopify's Product resource types:
- name: title
- category: product_type
- url: url
- sku: variants -> sku
- bardcode: default is to use MPN if available, otherwise uses gtin8, gtin12, gtin13, or gtin14
- description: body_html
- name: title
- highPrice: max of the variants' price values
- lowPrice: min of the variants' price values
- priceCurrency: currency
- availability: checks if a variant is available using the inventory_management, inventory_quantity, and inventory_policy fields
- sku: sku
- offerCount: number of variants
- image: uses first image available
- height: height
- width: width
- url: src
Technical Notes - Shopify Advanced
- Any custom markup created with the Schema App Editor will override default markup generated by the plugin
- Unlike the WordPress plugin, there is no functionality to pull default markup into the Editor and customize it
- All of our Shopify integrations integrate with the following review widgets:
- Yotpo (paid version)
- Shopify Reviews
- All of our Shopify integrations integrate with the following video providers: