How To: Link Existing Data Items in Schema App's Highlighter
Modified on: Fri, 10 Jun, 2022 at 2:01 PM
Linking an Existing Data Item.
When you link the content on a page to another page, you improve the crawlability of your website while building a knowledge graph. Using the “Link Existing Data Items” functionality we can reference static Data Items we created using the Editor. When the page loads, our scripts will pull in the Editor markup from our server and nest it within the Highlighter generated markup using the URI or @id of the Editor data item.
- The data item you are linking to must already be created in the Editor tool.
- Click the “Link Existing Data Item” button
- Select the property. We have chosen, “brand”.
You may be prompted to fill in the Class information. This is only necessary if you are building a more nested property path (e.g subjectOf ~ Article ~ author). A Linked Data Item highlight should end on a property because the Type will already be defined in the Data Item you are linking to.
- Search for the data item by name
- If you want to confirm you have selected the correct Data Item, you can click "Edit Data Item" to view the data item in the Editor.
- Click “Save”!
If a linked data item has been deleted or its URI is changed, the old markup will persist in the cache until this highlight is removed and cache is cleared. For support on how to clear cache, please contact your CSM or contact email@example.com
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.