If you have a question about the Schema App WordPress plugin, you're in the right place. If you don't find the answer you're looking for, please send us a message in support.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Why isn't my custom Schema Markup deploying?
- Can I use the same Account ID for multiple websites?
- Will the Schema App plugin help me get Rich Results?
- How can I disable the Schema App plugin output on specific pages?
- Once I create an entity in the Schema App Editor, how do I find it again?
- Does Shema App's WordPress plugin work with Yoast's WordPress SEO Plugin?
- Why don't I see the structured data reported in Google Search Console?
- What markup is added to Tag pages with the Schema App WordPress plugin?
Why isn't my custom Schema Markup deploying?
Markup you create in the Schema App Editor will only deploy to your site if:
- You've added the correct Account ID to the Schema App WordPress plugin. For more information see How can I download the Schema App Advanced Wordpress plugin?
- The URI of your data item matches the URL of the webpage you wish to deploy the markup to. For more information see Custom markup not replacing default plugin markup.
For more information see our Technical Overview of WordPress Deployment diagram.
Can I use the same Account ID for multiple websites?
No. Each website requires a separate project in Schema App, and each project has a unique Account ID.
Will the Schema App plugin help me get Rich Results?
The Schema App plugin can make your content eligible for rich results in search provided your markup contains all the required properties for the targeted result. See the list of Google's available Rich Results for more information.
How can I disable the Schema App plugin output on specific pages?
Schema App's markup can be removed on individual pages and posts in WordPress admin by scrolling down to the Schema App Structured Data block of a Page or Post and selecting "Disable Schema markup" under "Markup Options."
Once I create an entity in the Schema App Editor, how do I find it again?
Once you've created a data item, you can find it in Schema App by navigating to Editor > Data Items.
This will take you to a list of all of your data items which can be filtered by Schema Type, or searched for by name or URI.
Does Shema App's WordPress plugin work with Yoast's WordPress SEO Plugin?
The short answer is yes. The WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast is great for lots of SEO activity, we use it on our own site. For Schema.org optimization, Yoast's WordPress SEO plugin provides multiple outputs. If your website is using schema generated by Yoast, we recommend the following:
- Leave Yoast's SearchAction in place.
- Disable Yoast's Organization markup and use Schema App to customize your Organization or Person markup. You can do this be going to WP Admin --> SEO --> Dashboard --> Your Info and setting "Company or person" back to the default.
- If you have Yoast SEO Breadcrumbs setup already, leave it and don't enable Schema App Breadcrumbs. If you don't have Breadcrumbs setup yet, then Schema App can be enabled.
For all other Schema Markup, you'll be able to add it with Schema App's tools.
To completely remove Yoast's Schema Markup, follow Yoast's documentation to disable Schema entirely.
Why don't I see the structured data reported in Google Search Console?
It often takes a few days for Google Search Console to gather reliable data on the performance of rich results for their Enhancement Reports. In the meantime, you can use Google's Rich Results test to verify whether the markup on a given URL is eligible for rich results in search. This tool can also be accessed in WordPress Admin by scrolling down to the Schema App Structured Data block of a Page or Post, and clicking "Test with Google."
What markup is added to Tag pages with the Schema App WordPress plugin?
Schema App optimizes Tag pages using with the CollectionPage type. The Schema App Advanced WordPress plugin also allows you to map individual Tags and Categories to entities defined in Wikipedia and WikiData. For more information, see our article How To: Automate Entity Linking in WordPress.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article