The WooCommerce plugin, once installed, automatically creates the schema markup for your products and makes it available to search engines. So there is no need to deploy it, just install it and go!
Schema App provides you with multiple ways to approach the deployment of your structured data. But sometimes it can be hard to figure out where to start! In this post, we'll give you guidance on how to use Schema App in these different scenarios:
- WordPress + WooCommerce
- All other web platform/CMS (Eg: Joomla, Drupal, Shopify, Squarespace, etc.)
You use WordPress and want to add structured data to your site
If you want to use Schema App to create and manage customized schema.org markup, the Schema App WordPress Plugin makes deploying your structured data easy. Once you've created your structured data in the Schema App Editor, the WordPress plugin retrieves the data for the current URL of the page shown.
The Schema App WordPress Plugin works as a standalone product to automatically markup your WordPress Pages using the data that you input into WordPress.
Deploy your WordPress structured data by setting up the Schema App plugin. You can install the plugin after registering for Schema App.
- Register for Schema App
- Download the Plugin on WordPress from Plugin Repository.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Settings > Schema App
- Enter the setting and your Graph ID. Your Graph ID will be in the email with your credentials, or in http://app.schemaapp.com/wordpress
You have WordPress and WooCommerce and want to markup your site and products
See the above steps for adding markup to your WordPress site.
The Schema WooCommerce Plugin fully implements schema for WooCommerce. It's the most comprehensive schema.org product plugin for WooCommerce, period. WooCommerce’s default markup only goes part way in this regard, our plugin fills in the rest.
Installation and Setup
- Purchase the plugin Schema App WooCommerce
- Links to download the plugin is on your receipt page and in an email after the payment is processed.
- Install the plugin in WordPress by:
- Logging in to your WP Admin, Go to ⇒ Plugins ⇒ Add New
- Upload the plugin, include the zip file downloaded from Step 2
- Activate the plugin
- The plugin will work once activated, however, for 12 months of upgrades and support you must activate it. Your license key is found in Schema App’s License page. Login credentials are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With the key, activation is done with the sister plugin, Schema App, a free plugin in the WordPress repository.
- Login to your WP Admin, Go to ⇒ Plugins ⇒ Add New
- Search for Schema App (by Hunch Manifest)
- Install Schema App plugin
- Activate plugin
- Add your Graph ID (sent in registration email from Schema App and in http://app.schemaapp.com/wordpress)
- Find the License tab in WPAdmin under Settings -> Schema App. The License tab allows you to Activate for the current website.
You use a CMS other than WordPress and want to add structured data to your site
If you are not using WordPress and want to save time on implementation of Schema.org markup, we have good news. Schema App now integrates with Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager allows you to automatically pull JSON-LD from our Cache, automating the code deployment. However, because Google Tag manager loads the JSON-LD asynchronously, this solution only works for Google Search Engines, not Bing, Yahoo, or Yandex. Stop cutting and pasting code, and contact us for an API key.